FIRST SUNBURN OF SEASON!!!! OUCH!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lakegastonla, Apr 8, 2001.

1. lakegastonla

lakegastonla LawnSite Senior Member

Got my lobster BAKED this weekend!! I Have a first class farmers tan/burn!! When will I learn? Got it worst on my forearms and neck. Had to do some installation work and got into my work too much, I guess. Gotta go......hope I can find my aloe-vera!! :)

2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I feel your pain..................in the neck!

3. Lawnshark

Lawnshark LawnSite Member

I mowed this weekend and while driving the zero-turn and got a first-class mower's sunburn, including a watchband tanline. I wear a fat eddy's watchband that is very thick and it looks like I am wearing a white bracelet now when I take my watch off! I feel your pain though and good luck the rest of the season.

4. skyphoto

skyphoto LawnSite Member

Must be gettin nice clear across the states...I got my first burn 2day too! I was washen the truck and trailer in the drive....Boy was it a pretty day out...could not have been better!

Good luck and happy tanning!
    Peace!

5. jasonp

jasonp LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Everyone better remember to wear a good sunscreen or when we get old we will be one big peice of skin cancer.

6. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

My neck is crispy fried!I'm always the fist person to get burn in the spring.

7. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I'm there too. Virginia has heated up - break out the lanacaine!

8. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I feel like a piece of toast. Ouch!

9. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

This happened to me last year. This year I went to a tanning salon to get a good base started so I wouldn't end up in PAIN the way I did last year the first week out. Money well spent, I feel anyway. No PAIN this season.
    Just a suggestion.
    Mowman

10. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

My bro did the tanning thing.. And I did it the PAIN way.. At least we were all out working..