First time back out!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by NelsonLandworks, Mar 21, 2005.

1. NelsonLandworks

NelsonLandworks LawnSite Member

I just got in from my first time back out working for the busniess since fall. Man did it feel good! It was only a quick cleanup at the Fire Station but it's good to be back.

Has anyone else in New England started up yet?
  2. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Not i,....tried today but it was way to muddy and the real shady areas still have a few inches of snow
  3. NelsonLandworks

NelsonLandworks LawnSite Member

The station is the first to clear up in the spring and first to burn up in the summer.

We have around a foot in the shade still, and lots of mud in the sun.

Today was a tease, now I'm motivated to finish building up the trailer with a bunch of compartments and storage units. I'll post pics once I'm done
  4. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like the coast has much more snow pack than you guys up there. It will be until at least the end of the week before we could consider doing anything, even then it will be very wet.

Good luck up there.
  5. mowahman

mowahman LawnSite Member

Hey Nelson..what's up?? The Peak still has plenty of snow huh??? I am getting ready to begin starting to prepare things to be put into action soon.(This means that the snowmobiles are out of the shop, the sweeper is in, and the mowers will follow.) Still not taking the plows off just yet...will wait until at least the 1st week of April just to be sure. Then the sander comes out, high side boards on the 1 ton for clean ups and many trips to Cousineau's.

Looking to get back at it.
  6. bettergrass

bettergrass LawnSite Member

today i started up....did some spring/left over fall cleanups

the left over fall cleanups were a pita....i wish people would call me for leaves in the fall not spring when they are stuck to the ground...dont worry, i charged appropriatly

getting ready to do estimates for mulch monday and starting a mulching job tmorrow after school

cant wait till mowing season kicks off...just bought out 15 acounts from another lco this year and im ready to be busy