First time getting stuck!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sheppard, Jan 25, 2002.

1. sheppard

sheppard LawnSite Senior Member

Finally happened! Got stuck! Was mowing a new account and was about 15 minutes into it. Started my turn around a storm water collection depresion and wham! My 36" Snapper slid off the embankment and down into the abyiss.

Man, first day on the account too!. Did keep my head though- walked over to ANOTHER business and asked for help. Not about to walk into the account and say "Hey, I'm the new LCO you just contracted with. Care to get me unstuck?"

After 10 minutes of grunting and pulling we finally pulled that sucker out. Tried to start the 12.5 Kaw/ & it would not crank! Tried 20 pulls- nothing. Trecked over to the dealership and had them guide me through the 'de flooding' process. Oh well.

Finished the day ok. Consider myself a reasonably intelligent fellow, but because I was not paying complete attention to where my front end was going I got myself stuck!

All in a day's work.

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Lesson learned. Bet you don't do that again. No harm, no foul.
  3. sheppard

sheppard LawnSite Senior Member

Won't have any excuses that's for sure. Have worked with people who got stuck in a semi-dry lake bed. Sure was funny to watch! Makes me think I looked just as funny.

4. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Sheppard two yrs back i got stuck more than onece, Im solo thats why i always carry plenty of rope and two cumalongs, tie off to the nearest tree or solid structure and your usually out pretty fast. If i mess up the lawn i always fix it and the customer stays satisfied. Marks Mowing Service