first time i walked away / felt great!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by petekief, Jul 17, 2006.

1. petekief

petekief LawnSite Senior Member

had a customer / small yard / renter / poor working single mom / started last year / discount rate / $25 per cut / couldn't afford weekly / she "called" me four or five times that year / ok / no big deal / pia / yeah but hay / she's working poor / she called in late may this year - maybe early june / i cut it / it was knee high / i told here daughter (she wasn't home) next time if it got this bad i would have to charge hourly (60 per hour 40 minutes) and it would be about $40 / about a month later one of my kids or my wife says "sherry called and wants her grass cut" / i decide i would still do it for the 25 (she lives two minutes from me and i do it on my way in or out so...no big deal) / she is usually very prompt with payment / she wasn't / i stopped buy / did you cut my grass??? / yeah (who the f.. else would have???) / oh i didn't know it was you - i can't aford it so i'm not getting it done / but my kids said you called / it wasn't me / (kids made a mistake - wrong info? i got it second hand - looks like this ones on me?!?!) / but thank you / not a problem see ya (not on a mower though) / (no good deed goes unpunished - no good deed goes unpunished - no good deed . . . ) but there was no anger just relief to be out of that - - -

2. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

Very hard to read your writing but I think you did the right thing?

3. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Dude

Are you saying it felt good to walk away from losing $25? From all the run ons it sounds as if you mowed and lost $25!

4. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

I think google has a translator program =)

5. BBN

BBN LawnSite Member

I think he means he walked away from a headache.

6. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

yeah, he walked away from a headache and gave all of us one with his post. very hard to read with all the slashes

7. sweatyclippingcoveredguy

sweatyclippingcoveredguy LawnSite Member

8. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Obviusly your married......but in my case i would ask her if we could work something out. *read between the lines*

9. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

if she was that poor she would find time to cut it her self i'm sure she had time off from work.

10. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

You / did / the / right / thing. The really / really good / thing is, she WILL NEED YOU AGAIN / so, you are better / to tell her it is long enough for you to justify charging / $50 for the next cut / Just make sure you /talk to her first / o/k/a/y/?/