First time I've had a check bounce on me!!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Above Par Lawns, Dec 19, 2012.

1. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

Had one write me a hot check a few years ago. Tried and tried to contact her. No answer. Called the sheriff. He said to to send her a certified letter with instructions that if she did not pay up the po-po would be paying her a visit. He informed me that if she did not pay in 10 days from the date of the letter to bring him the check and a copy of the letter along with where she signed for the letter and he would get me my money. Wouldn't you know, about three days later, I got a money order in the mail....

2. Above Par Lawns

Above Par Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like I'm going to have to take some action. I have text messaged him twice and called 3 times today once leaving a message, and have got no response. the bank said they would be sending me something in the mail so I might just wait for that to go over there.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

Bank should send you back a copy of the check.....you're not going to hear from him...

4. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Turn off caller ID
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Above Par Lawns

Maybe I'll go dump some leaves from my massive compost pile onto his front porch. Nah, that'd be a waste.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. caseysmowing

caseysmowing LawnSite Bronze Member

That is a good thing about doing leaf jobs. You don't pay I'll just give them back X2!!:laugh:

7. Above Par Lawns

just wanted to give an update. The gentleman called me today explained to me that his wife left him and the kids and took all of his money. he says that's why his cell phone got shut off his light bill didn't get paid and of course the lawn guy does not get paid either. since it's the holiday season I will give him the benefit of the doubt. He says he gets paid on the 1st and the 3rd so hell give me the money then. I guess I will just have to wait and see.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Did the dog run away too?

9. Above Par Lawns

I know, right!? He gave every excuse in the book.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Who gets paid on the first and third of a month? So now he wants you to wait until January? Lawn service is a luxury. If you have to budget for it, you can't afford it. I get the "I'm a single mom" crap all the time.
    Posted via Mobile Device