First time I've had a check bounce on me!!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Above Par Lawns, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Response for the single mom line:

It sounds like you need to choose your sex partners more carefully.

Responses for the "I'm retired and on a fixed income" line:

1) That's great! Do you think you could fix mine for me?
    2) I'm sorry, but your lack of retirement planning is not my problem. I need to charge enough to avoid making the same mistake you did.

2. Above Par Lawns

Above Par Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

welfare and food stamps I think go out on the first and the third.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Lazer Cut

Lazer Cut LawnSite Senior Member

man that made me laugh out loud... i would love to see someones face if that was said to them...

I was at subway a month or so ago and this kid about 5-6 years old pushed me a little i looked down he said get the f$$k out of my way. The parents looked as if he had won a gold metal... my response was should have used a condom... they didn't take to kindly lol :laugh:

4. Lazer Cut

Lazer Cut LawnSite Senior Member

He'll use his EBT card (food stamps on a credit card -__-) to pay you lol

5. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Why not? You seem to be able to pay for everything else in this town with an EBT card. I wonder if my paypal swiper would recognize it? Too bad I don't know any gummint moochers to test that on.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I have used the first response many times for the fixed income line. The second one is what I'm thinking.

7. zachj265

zachj265 LawnSite Member

Obtain the bad check from you're bank. Take the bad check to any branch of his financial institution and request the money. Continue attempting to wiithdraw the funds at his bank and when he has sufficient funds in his account the will give you the money. As far as legal action it's a waste of time unless he wrote his SS#, name, phone, and address on the check. If you want to obtain intel on this prick search his name on case.net for Missouri. On this site you will find all judgments, criminal history, and garnishments. If you find garnishment records his employer will also be listed. You could approach him at his employer instead of the ghetto. I spent 7 years in banking before going full time in landscaping. I worked in KC and became very familiar with all aspects of dealing with a deadbeat. Good luck. Send me a message in private if you have questions.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Will P.C.

Will P.C. LawnSite Senior Member

LOL

make him a deal where he comes to the grocery with you and pays for your groceries. The going rate for this service is .25-.50 on the dollar. So you end up getting 100-125 dollars worth of food for a 50 dollar cut

9. zachj265

zachj265 LawnSite Member

Since he is paid on the 1st and 3rd take his check to his bank on the 31st and request the money. That pos does not get paid on the 1st (it's a bank holiday) therefore if he has direct deposit the transaction for the 1st will be initiated late evening of the 30th and available for withdraw on the 31st. Assume that he has several other bills scheduled for withdraw on the 1st, hence you need to beat his creditors to the money because inevitably his checking acct will be wiped out either by them, him withdrawing the money (not to pay you), and NSF fees.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Above Par Lawns

Above Par Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Great stuff Zach, thank you!
    Posted via Mobile Device