First Time Owner Of Mini FasTrak

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by DaGSUMan, Jun 28, 2006.

1. DaGSUMan

DaGSUMan LawnSite Member

Hello,

I am a first time owner of any type of mower (Mini FasTrak) and I have a couple of questions.

1. How and when to I clean my Mini FasTrak?
    2. It seems as if I am using the right bar more than the let to move and speed up, Is this Normal?
    3. When do I change the oil?
    4. Can It be stored outside?
    5. Can any key start them, because I don't have a storge unit?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

1) Blow it off with compressed air and you can use water and soap, try not pressure washing the unit. You can clean it as often as you feel its needed
    2) Your drive linkage may need to be adjusted, but I would get a few hours on the unit before making this adjustment.
    3) The first oil and filter change should be at 5 hours, after that I would go every 50 and change the filter every 100.
    4) It can be, I wouldnt suggest it though, if you have to get it covered up and always check for signs of mice and rodents getting into areas they don't belong in.
    5) The key is a universal key used in this industry, so anyone who has one can start it.

3. DaGSUMan

DaGSUMan LawnSite Member

Thanks, I bought a wagon yesterday and was wondering what is the max weight the mini FasTrak can pull without messing it up?

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I don't have the specs right now, but keep it to lawn related work, light loads of dirt, clippings, yard waste type of items and such.

Pj

5. DaGSUMan

DaGSUMan LawnSite Member

First, Loving my Mini FasTrak.
    Second, the Blade Belt came loose yesterday. Should my deal charge me to put it back on or is it an easy job that I can do myself?
    Third, It pulls right when I am at full speed. What is a fix for this?

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I am glad you are loving your mower, they are so much better than the old traditional tractor mower aren't they?
    Your dealer may charge you, it depends why it came off, did a stick or something get in there? or was it just loose from break in stretching?
    It is a easy job, if you have basic mechanical skills you can do it in a few minutes.
    How many hours would you estimate are on the mower?

7. DaGSUMan

DaGSUMan LawnSite Member

I only used it 2 times so I would say about 4 hours. I don't know if it was loose, but I didn't run over anything that would have did it. I do have intermediate mechanic skills I just need to know what to loosen then to put it back on.

8. DESTEFANO3782

DESTEFANO3782 LawnSite Member

Your Dealer Should Cover It. Mine Did. It Is Brand New And The Belt Ma Y Have Streched Alittle Loose Or The Pulley Wasnt Tight To Begin With.

9. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

DaGSUMan,
    I have attached instructions and diagrams on how to replace / install the deck belt.
    Please take a look at the pulleys and the belt to make sure there was no damage done when it came off.
    You can also have your dealer take care of this.

Deck drive belt adjustment
    The spindle belt tension remains constant by means of a
    tension idler and spring (Fig. 5-4). The spring tension
    should be such that the belt does not slip under normal
    operating load conditions, assuming the belt is not
    excessively worn or damaged. As belt stretches and wears
    in, adjustment may become necessary. To increase belt
    tension, move the spring chain one (or more) link(s) at the
    anchor bracket (Fig. 5-4). Installed spring length should be
    7.50" ± .3" (19.05 cm ± .76 cm) originally with adjustments
    of .60" (15.2mm) per chain link. (Fig. 5-5)
    IMPORTANT: Do not over tension the spring to
    compensate for a badly worn belt or pulley.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. DaGSUMan

DaGSUMan LawnSite Member

Thanks, There was no damage to the belt. But after I got it back on it seems as if it is driving slower now. It was fast at first now it is slow.