First time this has happened

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pcs, May 22, 2001.

1. pcs

pcs LawnSite Member

It was a good day until I was trimming around a tree and hit the mother load!!!!!! Slap!!! All over my shirt, face and in my hair. That was the worst smell I have ever smelled in my life. Shirt went right into a dumpster and I went right home to take a shower. The other day I forgot to empty out the back of my walker. In the morning when I was cleaning it out I got a big whiff of the steaming, rotting grass and ran outside to empty my breakfast. Who else has had bad experinces?

2. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Was the smell that got on you and got to you the rotting grass? Or did you get a dead animal? Or was it animal waste? I DO know that rotting grass is pretty powerful. I think it could be used in chemical warfare, personally.

3. pcs

pcs LawnSite Member

Sorry I should of told you I hit the a mother load of dog waste.

4. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Ugh. I've had to housebreak more than one of those things, so I know how bad it can get. And left in a hopper with clippings overnight? Ugh ugh ugh.

5. Craig Turf Management

Craig Turf Management LawnSite Senior Member

;) Always, and I do mean always breathe through your nose. Can you imagine getting a mouthful?

Be careful out there. Bill Craig

6. oneEXMARKfan

oneEXMARKfan Banned

I remember my first time.......you ALWAYS remember your first! LOL

7. AndrewLawn

AndrewLawn LawnSite Member

ironically I stepped in a huge pile of the stuff earlier today while I was edging...i didn't smell it though,just felt my left foot slide out from underneath me.good thing I didn't actually fall,that weed-eater could done some serious body damage....ouch:(

8. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

I mow a small island at the end of a road and I swear every time I get there the dog across the street has just unloaded his breakfast on this area and I'm pretty tired of going through it with the lazer. One day the lady that owns the dog is going to get a pile on her drive. Not really, but I'd like to. I think they have it trained to go crap there and not their yard. Some people are morons and so inconsiderate.

9. one night? HAAAA! last fall i had to remove a season's worth of grass clippings from this guy's house. only grass clippings. no lime or nothing. you could smell if from the house, which was about 200 feet away or so. i started off with a wheel barrow, but then just drove out there with the truck and trailer. i could only take a few scoops at a time with the pitchfork before i had to leave for about 5 minutes. it made you wanna hurl. saturday night i had to load up about 2 yards of grass clippings. didnt get em unloaded until sunday morning. started smellin it yesterday. but no complaints from the homeowner.

10. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

why do we do this line of wwork? i wonder this alot but im addicted to it. must be the money