First Time

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by rebb, Aug 22, 2006.

1. rebb

rebb LawnSite Member
    from midwest

I bought a good ZTR and have a few tools, after buying my ZTR I decided I would try to bring some money in to try and offset what I had spent. I have a couple of commercial customers now and I like doing the work (I work Solo) I would like to make more of it and after reading many post o here (VERY HELPFULL) it is obovios going into the bidding season I really don't know what I am doing. I have been mowing for 30+ years but never tried to make much money at it, now that I have been laid off after 20 years I am looking at this as a alternitve to going back to a factory. I DO NOT want to be one of the guys that gets work from cutting everyones prices after reading here it seems that we are just killing each other. Any advice going into bidding season would shure help, I am in Central Kansas. Thanks in advance. :usflag:
  2. M and S Lawn Care

M and S Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

is this bidding season? just wondering, not saying i think you're wrong or anything. I'm wondering the same thing myself. Trying to figure out when the best time to get clients is.
  3. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I would think since you guys have REAL winters. The right time would be anytime except winter time. Down here Ive got new customers all year round.
    Good luck. Do a special(flyers) for fall clean-up. Then do a spring clean-up.

lots and lots of flyers