First Track Adjustment

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by bobcat_ron, Feb 20, 2008.

1. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Done at 48.7 hrs on my 247B2, easy cheesy, took 5 minutes on both sides and got the tracks to 1/2" of slack with 100 pounds of John Deere Green counterweights.

Wow, that was fun, no grease guns with cheap grease to use, no heating the jamb nuts to loosen, just grab a hold of that nut with a 1 7/8" wrench, give it a few turns, set up the weights and straight edge and turn 'till it hits 1/2" and tighten the jamb nut. Done.

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

well whats the fun of it being easy? now what are you going to do with the rest of your day!

3. bobcat_ron

Spit shine and polish it for tomorrow's adventure, moving 30 tons of gravel for backfill over a driveway and into a barn for the whole day, it's going to be a smooooooth ride!!!!!

4. Raven386

from CT

nice... when did you pick up the new machine and ditch the bobcat...?

5. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

It is good to see that they are easy to adjust. The 267 at my old work was an all day chore to tighten. Take about 6 bolts out and use that big bulky tool they give you and make sure all the mud and dirt is out of the tracks or they will bind up. Pain in the neck.

6. bobcat_ron

7. Raven386

from CT

oh okay, so its not the first time you done a big project with it? I want to rent a machine again, I had so much fun in that s150. Maybe I will rent a Cat this year instead.

8. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

47 hours. BC Ron are you going to use that thing or stare at it.:dizzy:

9. cat2

cat2 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mi

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

10. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

A statement like that around here is likely to get a fella knocked out. ::laugh: