First truck....

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by deerewashed, Jan 19, 2010.

1. deerewashed

deerewashed LawnSite Senior Member

i am in the market for a truck. i am 15 and will be turning 16 in a half of a year. i want this to be a project. something i can do a little to everyday. give me some options. got a budget of up to 6 grand for truck and about 10 grand for parts and accessories. please also tell me what to do to it.

i am already dicided on western or fisher plow.

2. stroker51

stroker51 LawnSite Senior Member

For 6 grand purchase price, I would find a 94.5 to 97 F250/350 powerstroke. There are some with decent miles and relatively little wrong with them to be found for that kind of money. Im going to buy a 97 crew cab short bed 4x4 250 diesel as soon as my super duty sells for not a whole lot more than that, great shape and decent miles. Good luck in your search. I wish I would have had half that much cash to put toward my first truck.

3. deerewashed

i have this amount because
    one lawn care
    two lawn care
    three dad got me a $20 scratcch off and i won 8 grand.......pure luck.

4. deerewashed

and thanks.....i really like the 94 f-150s. like what kennedy has. but 4wd. but of coarse i want to be able to use it forever so i need something a tad bigger. i am most certain i want a one ton. i dont really like some of the 94-97 250s and 350s because the axles are short with wheels compared to the truck. or at least where i live they are.

5. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

Options? Any truck in your price range.

6. deerewashed

7. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

dont be in a hurry to blow your money.

8. deerewashed

im not in a hurry. i have a big timeframe to looka t all options. would like something though that i can say....ya i built that....i also like the feeling of people complimenting your truck or turning there head to look.

9. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

Dont waste your money on all that unnecessary bolt on crap. Just looks redneck. If you need a truck then buy a clean looking looking late model and keep it clean and waxed.

10. deerewashed

i get what you are saying... after hearing this i may go with like a 2004 or so reg. cab long bed with an insert. you are right a clean waxed truck says good quality all over it....would getting it lettered be tacky or no???