First Two In My 4 Mix Conversion

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by odin, May 29, 2004.

1. FC 110 STICK EDGER AND FS 110 Trimmer..im slowly converting over to all 4 mix ......my dealer told me the 4 mix blower aint gonna be out until next spri ng:(

2. ..........................................................

3. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

I just got a FS110R weed eater a couple of weeks ago. I will be using stihl weed eaters from now on. I am really pleased with my red max, nice and light and powerful. But the Stihl- WOW is that thing a nice peice of equipment. The only complaints I have are the gas usage, and the small fuel tank. It sucks the fuel down like its going out of style. My redmax could get a whole day on one fill, the stihil is under half that. But I still love it. Cant wait to get the edger too!

4. barringtonbrothers

What kind of line are you running in yours, Im running .95 gator magnum in mine.

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

so how do you like them? Are they a lot heavier? Do you get tired faster?

6. barringtonbrothers

I personaly dont think their too heavy, the weed eater is around the weight of my redmax strato charged edger. Not too heavy, but any heavier would be too much.

7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

what is the price difference?

8. barringtonbrothers

I paid $396 after tax.

9. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Our FS110 isn't working right now. Matt's been so busy he hasn't even had time to look at it. He can't get it to start. I'm sure he'll figure it out once he gets the time. At this point in the season, the last thing he feels like doing is fixing equipment. So he's been using the FS85 for now.

stihl.jpg

10. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

i have the same edger and trimmer, i just wish the edger cut deeper, anyhow, i LOVE them both. and i love my blower :)