First Walk Behind

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by superbee, Aug 3, 2004.

1. superbee

superbee LawnSite Member

I'm getting ready to purchase my first w/b. I've narrowed the choices between a Scag 36" belt drive Kaw and an Exmark 36" belt drive Metro Kaw with ECS. Both fixed deck. Scags are real popular here (they're cheaper). Can anybody give me some feedback on the two? Which one cuts better and stuff like that. Thanks.
  2. CuttersCove

CuttersCove LawnSite Member

Demo each one and see which one you like better. Cut your own grass if you have too.
  3. Big Lew

Big Lew LawnSite Member
    from pa

I just got thru going thru what your going thru (make sense?). When I was comparing prices of new W/B's the sales person told me he had a "like new" Metro, fixed deck, 36" with the 3 bushel bag and mulching kit.....I called him this evening after a little haggling and bought it for 1400. I really think I got a great deal (only time will tell). I hope you find what your looking for and I had to share my story with ya........................Lew

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Hey Lew-

How "like new" is that Metro? 1400 is a real great deal. I paid 2300 last year for a new one.
  5. Big Lew

Big Lew LawnSite Member
    from pa

If I could have got one for 2300 new, I would have had a much harder decision to make.....2300 is really a great deal....(I've shopped enough to know that now). How new?...the sales guy says it's been used very little (looks that way also)...only time will tell....this one did have a brand new bagger (looks new and sales rep says they run about 350.00 also the mulching blade kit..
    After pricing a decent Honda for 700.....what's another 700 to buy a commercial grade 36 vs 21? I thinking right here?