First wall

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by springman26, Jul 18, 2003.

1. springman26

springman26 LawnSite Member

Ok my first wall pic here. Let me have it. Whatcha think?

mywall.jpg

2. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

I like it better then mine. How much did the rocks cost and how much did you charge?

3. micromike

micromike LawnSite Member
    from SW/PA

Fifth stone from the right, middle row needs to go a little to the left. Lol

Just kidding. Looks great!

Mike

4. Live4Mowin'

Live4Mowin' LawnSite Member

that looks great

5. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

nice job looks reallly good

6. springman26

springman26 LawnSite Member

thanks guys. the stone cost 280 with delivery. I'm curious what would some of you guys charge for something like this?

7. QuadRacer041

QuadRacer041 LawnSite Senior Member

looks good man,
    here is a wall i just finished this week.im kinda new to the construction side of the business.
    ill have to take a pic of the finished wall too i guess huh,:D

dsc01783.jpg

8. QuadRacer041

QuadRacer041 LawnSite Senior Member

im curious too, what would u guys charge for a job like that in the pic i just posted? its 75sq ft of block plus a row of caps.

9. Stickman11

Stickman11 LawnSite Member

Wall looks good from what I can see. Might want to consider a better camera though. I do alot of dry-stacked flagstone walls and must say the profit margin is great. I've seen alot of stone work from so-called "stonesmen" and in my opinion either you have it or you don't!! I guarantee the customer loved it didn't they? A little advice take your time and don't rush it...let the customer feel that they are getting their money's worth and that they've hired an artist. You will have to play around with the pricing. My advice is price it a little on the high side..you can always come down a little and still make a profit. Keep up the good work.

P.S. What did you charge??

10. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

I know around my neck of the woods i have heard of doubling the cost of the stock so if it cost you $3,000 for the stone ,blocks and pegs etc then it would be a $6,000 job unless there was more work involved.