First wall....

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Kohls Landscaping Co, Oct 16, 2003.

1. Kohls Landscaping Co

Kohls Landscaping Co LawnSite Member

[​IMG]

Here's first first decent size wall. The house is located on a golf course and the backyard meets up with the fairway. I'm just looking for ideas on how you think it turned out. Thanks

-Dave

2. Kohls Landscaping Co

This is all they see from the 2nd story deck. The wall is about 34 feet long total...

[​IMG]

3. Kohls Landscaping Co

I just thought I'd add this picture too. I put this pond in just before going back to school. It is now completely finished. At the time of the pic, I still had some finishing touches I had to do...

[​IMG]

4. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Looks like a job well done. Wall blends in with the house nice IMO.

5. Green Goblin

Green Goblin LawnSite Member

What was your rough price for the wall by the face sqaure foot? What was the size of the pond and how much did you charge?

6. heybruck34

heybruck34 LawnSite Senior Member

Looks real good man.

I'm thinking about doing one in my own yard.

7. Kohls Landscaping Co

I'm pretty sure that I used the "tumbled wall" blocks. There dimensions are 12" wide by 4" inches high and a depth of 8". They are pretty expensive at about 3.25 a piece. I also have a drainage pipe and gravel backfill. With it being my first wall and doing for a customer who is also a friend, I charged an hourly rate. Once the base and corners on the wall were finished it was extremely simple to stack the wall. Making the curve was a pain 'cuz I used a chisel and hammer instead of a cutoff saw.

The pond is about 11' long by 6' wide. There was an original pond there without a waterfall that was about under half the new size. The waterfall is roughly about 2 feet high. I actually used the old pond liner for the waterfall and didn't buy the 'biofalls.'

If you want...i have some before and after picks of the pond and i'll prolly post when I get some time.

As for pricing, the materials for the wall were roughly like $700 dolars and materials for the pond were about $1,500 (they also had some supplies so it would have been more expensive).

8. Kohls Landscaping Co

here's a pic of the original pond...it's smaller and doesn't have the waterfall...

oh yeah, that's me...one of my friends was taking some pics without me noticing....

[​IMG]

9. Kohls Landscaping Co

[​IMG]