First Waterfall

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by stxkyboy, Sep 28, 2004.

1. stxkyboy

stxkyboy LawnSite Member

Well here it finally is my first waterfall/pond. I know that the pictures arent the best but ill get some better ones up when i get the chance. Its been up and running perfectly for the last two months. Again sorry about the pics.

Attached Files:

2. midtnstone

midtnstone LawnSite Member
    from mid tn

looks good

3. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks very nice. Love the stream and natural flat rock for your waterfall. Looks like you filled in with some nice plants, giving it a woodsy appeal.

Perhaps the only thing that I personally might address – at least in my opinion, for whatever that’s worth - is the stacked rock, or “wall” look around the pond. This can be used to your advantage though, by carefully selecting a type of trailing ground cover that can cascade down the side of these stones. This would break up the rock wall look, and even when the water isn’t flowing, the plants just in themselves would add color, life, and a vertical dimension to a static background.

4. stxkyboy

stxkyboy LawnSite Member

Thanks for the advice. That is something we are definitly looking into although i must say that the pictures because of the coloring doesnt do it justice, the "wall" isnt as solid/in ur face as it appears in the picture.

5. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

Looks Good, Did you foam the rocks in so if a kid or animal gets on the wall in won't fall?

6. stxkyboy

stxkyboy LawnSite Member

There is actually a pretty significant step back in the wall, so we didnt think the foam was nessecary...thats for the input :)

7. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

need some better pics.

looks like a brick wall, with a row of boulders.

8. PrecisionL&L

PrecisionL&L LawnSite Member

second that

9. dave.klassen

dave.klassen LawnSite Member

Some constructive criticism...make it look more natural. You will never see a natural waterfall in a landscape setting with stacked stones. Don't be afraid to use a variety of different sized stones.