1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

First Web site

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by J Haugner, Jun 3, 2005.

1. J Haugner

J Haugner LawnSite Member

After reviewing the threads here, learning a lot and getting some pretty good ideas from you all. Here is my first website. Comments please. Still working on the fine tunning of the words and pics, but we got 'er up.

2. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I like the layout and the site overall, but I just have one suggestion.
    If I didn't already know it was a landscape site, I would have thought it was for insurance or something on your home page. You may have already thought of this, but instead of a pic of a dog perhaps a more suitable landscape picture. Otherwise great job!!
  3. tjgray

tjgray LawnSite Senior Member

I think it is a great site. I especially liked your before and after pictures. Really nice work :)

I even like the dog picture and it did not distract me from being able to tell that your site is a landscaping site.

Sure makes me want to add more content to mine.....

Nice job :waving:
  4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

It's ok, all in all, I mean but Load-times are way high, no 56k dial-up account will be able to access/use it. And, 50% of Internet users have dial-ups.
  5. tjgray

tjgray LawnSite Senior Member

With much embarrassment I find myself still falling into that 50% category *DSL is not offered in my area and I really hate to get cable so I sufer :(*

I didn't think the load time was too bad but perhaps I am just used to waiting a moment for my pages. I usually have 5 or 6 windows open at one time anyway so if a page needs time I can allow for it by going somewhere else :)
  6. TooLPrincessBlaze

TooLPrincessBlaze LawnSite Member

I'm in that half of the internet bracket with dial-up too! I think most of us have found ways to deal such as looking at multiple things or my favorite a game of solitare between pages. :p

Maybe it's been to long since I've been at school but it doesn't seem to load that terribly slow to me.

Cute layout though! :p
  7. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi J Haugner,

Nice work. :)
  8. ritchiem

ritchiem LawnSite Member

Very clean...my kind of site. However your thumbnails are way too high in file size...you can still have the same quality images with lower file size. Everything else seems to flow together. Get your file sizes down to let the 56 clan see your work.
  9. J Haugner

J Haugner LawnSite Member

Hey LandMark Design. Thanks for your input.
    I thought your site is very professionally written with good clean pictures and a nice layout.
  10. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice , at least it's not another free gopher site .