first week of production spent in bed!!!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by James Cormier, Mar 31, 2004.

1. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Yep that right, Ive been bed ridden all week with a sprained back,

Last weekend I thought I should do my own clean up at my house and in the process slipped a disc in my lower back, Woke up sunday morning and found out I couldnt even stand up

What a great start to the year, good thing its still cold and rainy here in central mass. Hopefully by monday I will be up and out
  2. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Get well soon but remember those back problems linger for a while.The weather here sucks to,not one clean-up done in March.
    April sure will be a busy month.
  3. TSM

TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

tough brake Jim, hope all is well with you by Monday.

I went out this past Monday and got started. Had planed on starting the previous Monday but with it so cold and still snow on ground, couldnt.

Had a HUGE day Monday (for me anyway $1600) BUT...I pulled something in my right leg, calve muscle maybe, anyway on Tuesday I couldnt walk very well, I felt like a circus freak draging my leg around behind me. Still pretty sore today. Had a guy quit. And another kid (20years old) who was running leads from the telemarketing company I hired quit as well.

So, I got a bum leg, leads stacked up on my desk, falling behind on production.....HeHaw, I love my job!!

Feel better pal
  4. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

Jim, I hope you get better soon. Like you said though. With this weather, you'll have time to heal before it'll be necessary for you to be out there hittin' it.

5. James Cormier

from Ma

No stranger to back problems here, in 89 I broke my back, out of work for almost a year, then in 99 I disslocated 4 ribs from the vertabre and strained the back and missed all of july,

Thats when I bought the perma green, havent had any problems since then, until sunday,

Just came from doctor, hopefully I should be up and walking by friday, and planning on riding that p-g next week, just gotta hire someone to take it off the trailer and fill it for should work okay.

Lucky for me this year is a no-growth year, Not really advertizing or selling much, 80% pre paid, and 70% of my customers have landscapers cleaning up, so I gotta wait for them.( i should have waited )

thanks guys
  6. Field General

Field General LawnSite Member

James...hope you are feeling better soon.

If I lived near you I would unload your pg and fill it for a couple days, for free. Just for letting me pick your brain for a seem to bring a lot to the table.
  7. spray guy

spray guy LawnSite Member

Here in dallas - fort worth texas crabgrass started germinating approx 2.5 weeks ago. We have had good weather, only maybe three days we couldn't spray lawns. You might want to get an inversion table and start hanging. I have been spraying lawns for about 27 years and wouldnt be without the inversion table. Just type in inversion table in a search and read the testimonials. You can really strengthen your back by relieving the compaction on your vertebrae. I am no chiropractor or back doctor but I swear by what they can do for you. Good luck.
  8. Pilgrims' Pride

Pilgrims' Pride LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA.

Hey James,

Sorry to hear about your back pal.
    I know your'e no stranger to this stuff so be sure and take it easy.
    Heck it's raining today, tomorrow, the day after that, the day after that, the day afterrrrr too.
    Take care.
    See you soon.

9. James Cormier

from Ma

Well, its been one week and I still on the couch with Ice pack on my back and several trips to the doc.

Finally got my laptop home so youll notice alot of post by me cause I just sitting here,

Snow coming tonite and monday, Few inches I guess, SOX open tonite on espn2, motorcycle racing on speed channel also,

I driving my kids crazy with , can you get me a this Also I'm the cook in the family so weve been eating take out alot :)

Hopefullyl by thursday I can go out and do some prodo, Wed I still going to the class in plymouth
  10. DiscoveryLawn

DiscoveryLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like you are probably grateful for the pending snow huh??