First week that mowing changes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Oct 31, 2005.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Well, this week is the first week that mowing will begin to change for me. I will start to move everyone now to a 1 1/2 to 2 week schedule because of the lack of growth. I do admit though, I think that this is the latest that I have ever gone in a season without changing the schedule earlier.

2. TURFLORD

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

I'll be cutting for 2 more weeks on normal 7 day schedule. Mostly pushin leaves, not much growth.

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Troy, I would have thought you would be well into the leaf cleanup season by now?

4. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Most of ours here are done. Good growth going into fall but the drought did take its toll. We have been cutting short for the past week, which is good, we need the extra time for fall cleanups.

5. tiedeman

from earth

I have been for the last 2 to 3 weeks, but I still mow at the same time as well. It's a double whammy for me! I charge for leave clean up and mowing at the same time.

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Double dipping...now ya learnin' LOL:p

7. tiedeman

from earth

I have never had anyone complain either over the years

8. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

I'm just now moving my non-cleanup customers to a 10-14 day schedule. Those that I clean up leaves for will continue to get a weekly visit until the final cleanup is done. Leaves are a good 1.5 - 2 weeks behind last year.

9. bjlawn1

bjlawn1 LawnSite Member

I am done here now starting fall clean up

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah they are late falling, I noticed this myself. Far as grass-cutting, I got at least 30 more yards need it, probably another 15-20 behind that.