First week using Hi-lifts and Sand blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnScapers of Dayton, Apr 7, 2006.

1. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I had a few people that wanted an update on this combo a while back. So I mowed my first round this week with flat (sand) blades on top and high-lifts on the bottom. It seems to do exactly what I was looking for. Small clippings and good discharge distance. Grass growth was pretty heavy and some was pretty damp with morning dew. No clumping. I will see what happens as the weeks go.

By the way these were on my 52" 23hp Stander.

D

2. You're mowing already in Dayton?

I've mowed one customer and part of another. They's both had fall fertilizer applied last year. Everyone else is green but not quite tall enough to cut.

I just saw the weather report for next week. When the rain blows thru this weekend the high's will be in the 60's. I think I'll mow anyway.

I was in Dayton yesterday. Turning mulch in some shrub beds and putting down some pre-em. If you's seen me you'd thought I was some scrub. I was working out of the trunk of my wife's car!
    I have one account in Dayton.

Dave

3. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I mowed 2/3 of my accounts this past week. Full schedule this coming week. All are on fert programs...... I always let the customer decide when the first mowing is.....

I am taking down 2 trees tomorrow. 1 - 15' and 1 - 18-20'......

Derek