First week w/ my new truck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ilovethisgame, Nov 16, 2002.

1. ilovethisgame

ilovethisgame LawnSite Member

Hey everyone, Last weekend I finally bit the bullet and bought my first new truck a 2003 F350 psd. After using a 4 cylinder Toyota for a few seasons you can only imagine how much fun I've had pulling the trailer around this week. I'm hoping to add signage and a dump insert by next spring. It's funny how new toys can revitalize your excitement in your job. Best wishes to all.

-Dave

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

lets see some pictures. congrats on your purchase.

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Whoa! Talk about going from beer to champagne? That F350 with the Power Stroke is a great truck. I love mine and wouldn't give it up for the world.

Congrats on your new investment:D

4. NBLL

NBLL LawnSite Member

Congratulations Dave!:drinkup:

That's what I'm hoping to get for Christmas.:D The little Ford Explorer has it's hands full especially with the 200 gallon spray unit. Gonna try to get a truck sometime next year but will probably be used. Have to stay within the means.:)

5. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

FORD RULES.

6. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: good luck dave, i to bought a 2003 f350 last week, i got the PSD crew cab with the long bed and FX4 package, once you go diesel its hard to go back, tony

7. Bill Davis

Bill Davis LawnSite Senior Member

did you get the 6.0 liter diesel they are offering this year?? Hope you love your truck!!

8. LLMSERVICE

LLMSERVICE LawnSite Member

Congratulations.

Nothing looks more professional than having a clean, new truck. I switched over from a Toyota to Sierras in 1995. It was nice to be able to see past the trailer in the mirrors.

...and remember, when you get the first scratch, keep telling yourself "this is a work truck, this is a work truck..."

9. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

Man oh man is THAT ever true!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so pissed the first year when ever I would find scratches.

Congrats Dave, I remember the Toyota, glad you could get a SWEET ride.

FORD RULES :drinkup:

10. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: bill, it took me almost 5 months to get what i got they told me in july that the 6.0 would'nt be out till feb, and to stay away for a year or 2. bought a f450 w/ the PSD last fall and it too is awesome no more gas for me. tony