First weekend with the exmark!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Mikemprep, May 18, 2008.

1. Mikemprep

Mikemprep LawnSite Member

Just picked up my exmark metro 36" saturday and cut about 20 lawns this weekend with it. It cuts like a champ! About 5 of the yards the grass was knee high and it went through it with no problem at all. Also cut after a rain storm and cuts just like it does when its dry. Couldn't be happier with it.

2. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

Sweet! I hope that mower lasts a long time for you. Good luck this year.

3. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

Is that the one that looks like a typial 21" set up? With the catcher under the handle? I have looked at a 26" here at the dealer but no one has purchased any yet. The reviews here onsite have not been very good, so I am glad to hear it is working well for you. How low can you cut with it?

4. Mikemprep

No it looks like the 48 and other walk behind mowers, its a commercial one. The catcher is on the side. Cuts pretty low, havent had it all the way down yet to see though.

Here is a picture:
    http://www.exmark.com/metro.htm

5. redmax fan

redmax fan LawnSite Bronze Member

we have this same machine in 48" at 2 years old with 15 horse kaw ,
    and we also got a brand new one this spring at 32" with 15 horse kaw and they are MONSTERS . what smooth running machines , they pull start so easy and smooth its unbelievable . were 2 guys and do just over a 100 lawns per week and i dont think weve done anything to the 2 year old besides basic / simple maintenance and it still runs like new . only thing that bums me out is that im the weed whipper and only get to cut a few lawns a week so i miss out the fun of running them :cry:

but i still get to run my awesome
    redmax weed laser (whipper) ...... :dancing::gunsfirin

6. redmax fan

redmax fan LawnSite Bronze Member

also ,hope i dont sound like a know it all but i see youve only several post plus a new machine and thusly may be new to lawn care so thought ide bring up a point about cutting knee high grass with this machine . though you may have all kinds of experience and know more about motors then me because im not a mechanic but rather a manual labor type person so i may be wrong , but either way i thought ide say that ide never put that much grass under an engine that size because to me it would stress the motor . ide either keep a short string on my whipper so as not to stress the whipper and whip that grass down a bunch , or use a hand sickle to knock it down . then rake up all the grass before i put a finish cut on the lawn with the mower . we of course have to charge more for the extra labor but its what we demand to be done or we turn down the job because dont want to beat up our machines .

7. Mikemprep

Well it was mainly those long weeds everywhere and grass probably shin high. You know what those long weeds in the grass im talking about?