First Work Truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Townhouse Yards, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Townhouse Yards

Townhouse Yards LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

That's good to hear. What engine do you have in it?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

I brought mine new. 19k otd extended cab 6.5 bed. 2wd though already had/have a 4wd truck

0% for 60. I paid it off in two years I think
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Townhouse Yards

from VA

4. jakes mowing

jakes mowing LawnSite Senior Member

Personally chevy isn't my favorite, but out of those two i think the second one is the best bang for the buck. Is got 84000 whereas the white one has 125,000. And for two grand cheaper. I like the trim package on it better also. And dark colors look good on trucks IMO

5. Townhouse Yards

from VA

Yeah, I am worried about owning something that is only four years old, but already has 125k on it. I just have to see if the interior space will be enough for me. BTW, your dodge looks sweet. Really is a nice looking truck.

6. jakes mowing

jakes mowing LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks man! Trust me a single cab will have PLENTY of space. I'm 6'3 245 so im a big dude, my dad has a single cab shortbed v8 ram 1500 and there is more than enough room.

7. Townhouse Yards

from VA

Ok thanks man, I am checking out a few of those.

Ok, a seperate question: If I am not plowing, is 2 Wheel Drive safe in icy or snowy conditions? I was told 2 wheel drive is downright dangerous in pickup trucks, as they are front heavy and could slide all over the place. Thanks guys.

8. ducnut

ducnut LawnSite Bronze Member

When I bought my 2wd Silverado, I had no plan of actually using it in snow or for work, as I had a beater. However, I had to use it for residential snow removal, this past winter, and for everyday work, now. I'm out blowing snow before the plows get to most streets and am screwed. If I'm hooked to my trailer and on wet grass, I'm screwed. If I were buying another truck for this business, I'd buy a 4wd.

9. ecurbthims

ecurbthims LawnSite Senior Member

With proper tires ,some weight in the box ,and a brain behind the wheel there is nothing wrong or unsafe about a 2wd truck ,and a v6 makes it a little better than a v8 .A 4wd can get itself out of trouble easier for sure ,but if your a competent operator in the first place you should be just fine .

10. Townhouse Yards

from VA

Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it. I really do want to be safe. We typically don't get a lot of snow in the d.c. area, but this winter, we had 4 or 5 substantial storms. 4 wheel drive is nice to have then.
    Posted via Mobile Device