First Year Goals (2007)

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by SDNCLAWNCARE, Nov 12, 2006.

1. SDNCLAWNCARE

SDNCLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

Here are my 2007 first year goals.. I spend 2006 buying equipment and saving cash to start for 2007. I'm ready to hit the advertising hard in 2007. Here are my goals for 2007.

(20) Residential Customer - Already have (2) so 18 to go...
    (1) Commercial Account
    (15K Net Income) - Before expenses...

Does this sound resonable?

Steve

2. ACutAbovesiny

ACutAbovesiny LawnSite Senior Member

You have the commercial already?? If so, then you can even set your sights alittle hight. 25-30 res is not impossible.

3. SDNCLAWNCARE

SDNCLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

No commercial client yet. This is what I want for next year...

4. godzilla

godzilla LawnSite Senior Member

It should be doable.

5. kentuckylawns

kentuckylawns LawnSite Member

if you flood neighboorhoods with flyers and doorhanger, im told expect 1-2% return, so put out 5000 flyers and you should be able to secure more accounts then 20 residential.

6. kentuckylawns

kentuckylawns LawnSite Member

- your income before expenses should be gross, what you take after expenses is net income, and how much are you charging per lawn, you should be able to gross more than 15gs for a season.

7. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

i would think 15K would be no problem whatsoever....

8. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I don't know what your plans are but if you are serious about getting into this business fulltime then your goals are way too small.

100-150 customers in your first season is reasonable if you have the market and the personal drive to get there.

Net income? 100K sounds reasonable.

I am talking mowing only here. If you are doing landscape installs then you should be able to gross significantly higher - but your expenses will be higher as well.

9. apowell18

apowell18 LawnSite Member

i'm starting out too in 07...i'm planning on no more than 20 accounts at min of $35 each = $700 week @ 36 weeks =25K gross...probably mow more than 36 weeks and will definitely get cleanups, aerating and a lot of extras...15K net is probably right after all the expenses...

10. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

That was supposed to be gross income @ 100K