1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

First Year In Business

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by osmann_lawn, Oct 1, 2011.

1. osmann_lawn

osmann_lawn LawnSite Senior Member

had some free time yesterday so i worked on my website a little bit. making it sound better and different look. (trying to make it sound so over done).

2. Z's Lawncare

Z's Lawncare LawnSite Member
    from 20683

nice equipment im 14 and started out small when i was 9, work towards your equipment you will get there
  3. osmann_lawn

I think this will be my finial draft let me know what you all think of my postcard?

4. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you have that business name registered? I would not recommend going any further until you do. What if there is another Osmann company out there? Just be legit if you are going to start running under a business name. Its not worth the risks.
    I've been reading some of your posts. Dude, for heavens sakes listen to the guys on here and follow their advice. They have walked the same road you have. I have been there done that also. Generally speaking the advice they give comes from a lesson learned GOOD OR BAD. Most of the time its the latter.
  5. osmann_lawn

yeah i know i went the the courthouse in my town yesterday and filled out paper work for a license. I know have a llc
  6. osmann_lawn

my last name is pretty un common lol i would highly doubt somebody has the same exact business name as me. But i did get the LLc so we are all good. I do listen to all the advice on here. I am learning a lot from this site as well.
  7. Seltzerpm

Seltzerpm LawnSite Member

That's good that you registered your company name
  8. osmann_lawn

yeah it was not go expensive i think i paid $300.00. Anything else need to be changed on the postcard?
  9. Andy31

Andy31 LawnSite Member

Looking good! I am glad you got a P.O. box too. Feels good to be legit doesn't it?
    Anyway next step, register with your state & county and collect sales tax. You may want to read up on your states regulations and such.
  10. osmann_lawn

yes it does feel good! i feel like a business now! can;t wait til next season i hope to have a few more customers with the heavy advertising i will be doing. I used legal zoom.com anybody else use that? They are suppose to be mailing me all the info 10 business days. No hurry because in Wisconsin the mowing season is almost over. The PO Box was very cheap I believe i paid 50.00 for a medium size box (big enough for invoices etc) for a whole year. Hopefully by next year i will be able to buy a exmark walk behind.