1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

First Year Pics

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by landstyles, Jan 15, 2008.

1. landstyles

landstyles LawnSite Member

New member here. Thought I'd post some pics from the past season. It was my first year in business.

2. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Nice work but I highly doubt that a person in their first year could do a job like that!
  3. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

Thats a good sized job, but you'll need more close ups and installation picks like drainage and base to get applauded. I do see something wrong. The front landing appears to have a reverse banter. Is it my eyes?

4. landstyles

landstyles LawnSite Member

This is our first year in business. We are experienced though. Was sick of making my boss money.
    For base we diesel plated sub-base then threw down green line and added 1' of base for foundation of wall and 60 ton of GA infill..Also used GeoGrid. As for banter I thought I saw the same thing when completed, but checked with my 4' and its just in the eyes.
  5. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

Sheesh - I would have had to return. That's alot of modified its holding back, even with grid .
  6. csl

csl LawnSite Member

haha, "was tired of making your boss money" . just wait. hire employees, buy equipment, then you start the expenses. stuff starts breaking with the most common response being "i dont know what happened" . stay small, then you dont have to deal with AS MUCH b.s. looks good though for a first project
  7. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

Amen brother !! I look at how much I made on a job , then I REALLY look at how much I made on a job. There is a difference !
  8. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Looks like you've used celtik block and your pin location is not far enough back. Likely you've ended up with a wall facing forward. To many straight lines in the back yard, no soldier course. Good luck with your business, who did you work for before? I know most the guys in Ottawa.
  9. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Where are the hand rails.
  10. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Theres no sub base... just base. Think you meant Subgrade. There could be a sub base under a base, but thats only if you past first base and make it to second base. :dizzy: