first year set up

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by APV's Mowing, Jun 17, 2007.

1. APV's Mowing

APV's Mowing LawnSite Member

this is my first year in the biz and this is my set up, im gunna ad one more mower to the line up soon, prob a toro commercial 21" then go for a redmax trimmer, then next year when i get more cost. etc. im goin for the scag 36 wb, and echo backpack blower big trailer etc. etc. but tell me what u think of this set up and any tips on packing everthing in on the bed of my pick up for fastest load/unload etc. you catch my drift...THANX for any comments

set up #2.jpg

set up #1.jpg

2. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like a good plan for the future, theres not much i could add on setting up your gear in the truck, thats probally all i would do myself, good luck :)

3. ThorVentures

ThorVentures LawnSite Member

....ramps for a push mower? You might need one of those Gold's Gym discount cards.

4. charmill26

charmill26 LawnSite Senior Member

i started the same as you too last year. and im in omaha. how old are you and where are most of your lawns in?

5. johndeerefan

johndeerefan LawnSite Member

looks like a good start

6. charmill26

this is hard to explain but when i was using the back of my truck i took some 2x4's and basically put them around everything so nothing would move. they were all nailed together and the way i fitted them in they wouldnt move around and nothing else would either

7. APV's Mowing

you see i really just wanna be able to bend over when im a little older and plus they were cheap and easy to make my neighbor has his own wood working shop in his garage, and to charmill im 16 and i live in candlewood so iv got about 8 or 9 i dn in here and some around other places, lots of calls for garden clean ups in oldloveland the neighborhood right by childrens hospital, what about u were do u usually work and how old are u? you are the first person from nebraska i have seen on here

8. charmill26

a couple round 96 and blondo, 120 and dodge, 1 in my neighborhood (72 and maple), 2 acres out on highway 133, and some over by 103 and fort. grassmanak is also from omaha.

9. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

it might be easier to put the mower on a rack in the back of your hitch reciever, this way you don't have to mess around with ramps everytime you stop. I also put wood in the bed of my truck, but just one 2x8 in the back, in the groves of the plastic bed liner, this keeps my blower, trimmer, gas cans etc from moving around.

10. APV's Mowing

thanx man ill look in to that and ya im on 120th and blondo between dodge