1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

first z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by a1 lawncare, Aug 31, 2001.

1. a1 lawncare

a1 lawncare LawnSite Member

putting an old friend out to pasture, my old jd. thanks for all the info and help, just purchased my first z, its a exmark lazer z hp with 52" deck and the 23 horse kaw. thanks again for all the help!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

congrats on your new purchase. sounds like you made the right move to me. cant go wrong with the exmark. great machine.
  3. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

Alright Keith!!!

Good move getting the Exmark! Got a Lazer 60 w/23 Kawi this spring and it has been GREAT! Almost 300 trouble-free hours at present.

Better than sex...well almost. ;)

Good luck, and enjoy the new baby!
  4. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

SLS- How do you find the 23 kaw on the 60" Deck. I have been searching around, and my local dealer has that exact combo, but I was wondering if it is enough power. Any trouble up hills or in long grass? Thanks for the info, and a1 Lawncare: Sweet! That is my other current option for a mower to upgrade from the 36" WB.
  5. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I have had 2 - 20 hp Kohlers on 60" decks, 1 - 22 hp Kohler on a 60" deck, but my 26 hp on a 60" deck is much nicer. 20 hp will do a good job for you, but 26 or more is nice too. Horse Power on a mower is like HP in a car or truck, you can never have to much at times. :D
  6. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

It seems have enough power for what I do...all sweet residential properties. I don't have too many steep yards though and I only have 2 accounts left that are every two weeks so really tall grass (8' or more) is a rarity for me..except for some brand new accounts. Those I cut twice...once high/once at 3".

The only times I wish I had a little more power is one the thick/wet stuff that is over 6'' and I can't wait for it to dry up. It's no biggy though...just a tad slower speed keeps it from bogging down.

I did not demo a 25 or a 27 hp so I can't really compare them for you. It seems that a lot of guys like the 27hp Liquid Cooled version for heavy duty use.

Maybe someone who has experience with both will read this and respond...I would like to know the difference (if any) too.

All in all, I am totally pleased with the 60"/23 Kawi combo.

I hope you can demo one soon.
  7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I have the same machine. 23/52 HP. You will be more in Love everyday.

"I love you more today than when I married you." :p
  8. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

I love you more today than yesterday, but not as much as tomorrow?
    Thanks for the info guys. The eXmark dealer is discounting what he has left, a 52" a 60" and a 72". The 72 has the 27 liquid cooled, what a sweet setup, but way too big for me. Wouldnt even fit on my trailer I dont think. The 52" is nice, but I forget what motor it has. And the 60 is very sweet. The other option, also at the same dealer is the Landpride (made by hustler), with a 60" deck and I think a 23 kawi. He has 3 of these left, and is discounting the one that they have been displaying.
  9. Great choice Keith
    Exmark is a great choice you will luv it
  10. jbell

jbell LawnSite Member

I have an exmark 52 HP w/ 23 HP Kohler. Plenty of power. Love the machine and exmarks are durable.