fished out a 48" today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by steve in Pa., May 26, 2004.

1. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. LawnSite Senior Member

Had a guy on the one mowing crew put our back up 48" exmark down into a large stream today. He was mowing along a steep bank and the mower started slideing and down it went over about a 10' embackment. all that was out of the water was the front wheels, everthing else was under water. Took two hours to fish it out with a comealong and chains. No access to vehicles. Just thought you would get a good laugh out of it since you don't read to many things like this. Sorry no pics, guys didn't have the camera.
  2. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

How is it running now? Any electrical troubles?
  3. steve in Pa.

haven't even attempted anything with it yet. Luckily our 60" was finished at the shop so just took the 48" back to the shop and picked up our 48 from the repair shop.
  4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

that has always been my worse fear while mowing lakes, is sending the mowing into one..just think about the DEQ fines
  5. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Dock his pay!
    Just cause the sun is shining that doesn't mean he should go swimming on company time.

Seriously,that must have been a sight...................
  6. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Dealer told me he cleans out 4 or 5 a month that go in the canals here.

TROTTMAN LawnSite Senior Member

Lol, I almost dropped my 33" WB off a 7 foot drop onto asphalt one time. The grass was slick and it started sliding down sideways! It grabbed on the edging of the retaining wall just in time. Scared me! I woulda gone down with it too since I wasn't thinking lol...
  8. C & T

C & T LawnSite Member

LCO friend of mine had his worker dump a lazer into a customers pond. He was cutting to close to the edge on a hill. Had to call a tow truck.

9. steve in Pa.

Luckily it was a back up mower, but still created some inconvienence. Fortunate for us our 60" was finished at the repair shop.
  10. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

My grandfathers neighbor would go out and mow his lawn and drink beer all day. Come evening he would be good and drunk. There happens to a big pond in the back. And even though he has 2 and 1/2 acres to drive his mower on, but some how 2 or 3 times a summer he would manage to drive his mower into the pond, and we would have to come and pull his drunk ass out lol.