1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Fisher curl top plow?

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by jrodgers, Feb 28, 2001.

1. jrodgers

jrodgers LawnSite Member

I have seen some guys around here that have them Fisher plows that have the curled top to them and was wondering if anyone has one and has any input on it. Right now I use Meyer with the snow deflector .Does that curl at the top work on the same principal as the deflector does. Any pros and cons to them. Do they work like the highway plows and roll the snow. I just think it looks like a good concept for a plow and I may be interested in one.....Thanks in advance!!!
  2. crash22201

crash22201 LawnSite Member

I have a freind that put the deflector on his meyer.
    It did not work to well. after a full trip a few times
    bent and then broke off. It could only work on a trip
    edge plow. I would not do this , but that's me
    only my 2cents. hope i helped a bit.
  3. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

I also used a Meyer with the deflector in the past with out any problems though. Probably put 150 + plow hours on that one & it was used when I got it. Do a search on "deflectors" & you will find quite a few opinions on them.
  4. npalomba

npalomba LawnSite Member

We have one on the big plow (10 foot Fisher) and it does roll snow but we don't like it for stacking... Hurts stacking a little; Overall we won't be adding anymore to any plows.
  5. jrodgers

jrodgers LawnSite Member

It is not an add-on it is actually the shape of the plow it has a curl at the top of it and I have seen them in smaller sizes.....
  6. slplow

slplow LawnSite Senior Member

Jrodgers, they are an add on. It's called the sno-foil from fisher and they are only good for doing long strips or streets.The cost is $200-$300.
  7. MusGuy

MusGuy LawnSite Member

It is a waste of money and efficency for lots
  8. jrodgers

jrodgers LawnSite Member

Oh I thought they were made like that. I think I will stay away from it then.
  9. philt

philt LawnSite Member
    from NH

I have one road that is a half mile long and it works great. The snow is not ending up on the hood and winshield anymore. I have not noticed any problems with stacking yet.
  10. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

It's just like anything else, it isn't going to work for everything. Ours works great most of the time, but if we get a lot of heavy stuff, it will pick the plow up. I think it does a better job of keeping the snow off the hood than a rubber flap. Plus you get the added roll from it, it really moves the snow. It really depends on the type of plowing that you are doing.