Fisher plow moving slow

Discussion in '<a href= target=_blank ?>Sn' started by turfcat75, Jan 16, 2001.

1. turfcat75

turfcat75 LawnSite Member

i have a fisher minute mount 7 1/2 i just got the plow,well
    its seems too be alot slower than my conventional plow setup i had on my other truck(minute mount is on 1997 1500
    anyways,i took it too the plow place and they tighten the belts and ran new fliud in it,i got it back today and seems too be the same speed,they said my pump wasnt bad,
    Is there a tip on speeding this plow up?something i should check?
  2. Michael Fronczak

Michael Fronczak LawnSite Member

I'm not positive on this. I have a 99 Fisher MM. The dealer said 6 or 8 seconds from side to side and I belive 4 seconds up/down. My frind bought a 2000 said it seemed sooo slow, but he was used to a western, Fisher is definitly not as fast but a much, much better plow, thats just my opion.
  3. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson LawnSite Senior Member

Not an expert on the subject,but we do have a Fisher in the fleet.Our plow was moving real slow,one day while at the dealer he adjusted something and now it is fine.Couldn't tell what he did the driver was in the waiting area.If your dealer doesn't know what is wrong email me and I will call mine. Good luck! Mike
  4. We use clutch pump tu run our fisher plows. It was necesseray with our hydraulics pro-wings added on it (5 cylinders per plow). all move are quick. and if snow stick in it, you can shake the plow but usually all goes off by the kick at the end of the raise.
  5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

4 Saisons
    Do you have any pictures of your wings? I would like to see some if possible. Interesting how you came up with the same idea Blizzard did 5 years ago.
  6. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

There is a screw that adjusts the QUILL.
    You will have to find, and adjust as needed.
  7. sorry i don't have picture, neither scanner or digital cam. I'll try to find if had a friend with this gadget and post the pics.

a lot of plower use hydraulics pro-wings in my area and most of them buy it at our fisher dealer. (they made this pro-wing)

to have good result, the edge can travel for fews inches and it is downpressure by a spring. scrape good and go over obstacle. we use t1 steel grade for the pivot pins (greasable), this part need to be strong enough, otherway if you hit somethings, you gonna twist that pins.

so i'm gonna try to post some pics.

[Edited by 4 Saisons on 01-17-2001 at 08:07 PM]
  8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks. Like almost everyone else, I think th Blizzard is a great concept, I just don't think theirs is going to work or last or be cost effective.
  9. do you have a link for blizzard web site, never heard about them !

PINEISLAND1 LawnSite Member
    from WEST MI