Fisher\Western - Fishstern?

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by BRL, Dec 2, 2000.

1. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

Can one of you enlighten me about the Western\Fisher set up? Does one company own the other? Does another company own both? I remember I bought a yellow Fisher Speedcaster 2 Stage spreader a few years ago & my dealer told me its really a Western Pro Flo 2. I remember seeing a red Pro Flo 2 in his lot & sure enough it was exactly the same except for the color. Everybody posts Fisher & Western interchangably here so what gives? I think its about time that I understand their relationship. Thanks.

2. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

Both companies are owned by Douglas Dynamics. Western was bought by them maybe mid 80's and fisher about 10 years ago. They share hydro components and the v plows are basically the same. The spreaders are definantely the same units. I think Douglas Dynamics is owned by an even larger interest, but I dont recall their name.
    It is similar to meyer diamond, they are both owned by a larger company.
    Dino

3. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I have both Fisher minute mounts and a western uni-mount.The plow pump and all wiring is identical,even the in cab controller,but the plow frame,mounting brackets and plow all all different.I'd like to see a hybrid of the fisher mounts,and frame with the western's abilty to scrape and pile snow.