Fiskars pole pruner stik, get it!

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Florida Gardener, Dec 22, 2011.

1. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

That is the difference. Can't leave trimmings on a customer's property. Most people do not have room for it and the city will not pick up anything that does not fit into their 80 gallon green waste bins, normally issued 1 per residence. Also, GL and WC insurance is pretty high in this state. My GL will not cost the same the moment any of my work is not done with two feet on the ground.

2. Yea, there are diff rates here for ladder work vs bucket trucks. Tree companies that use buckets pay out the wazoo
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Ladder work already places one in a high risk bracket, then bucket work and the big one of climbing the tree itself.

You would think that I am in a high risk bracket, however, according to insurance, because I spray trees from the ground and not from ladders or lifts, my rate is far lower.

4. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

You're safer in a bucket than on a ladder or in the tree; for sure. Trimming from the ground is pretty safe too if you're smart enough not to drop branches on your head. You can be relatively safe in the trees if equipped with a "Fall-Arrest Positioning Suspension Harness" and common safety sense.

We have Silky 420's on the trailers for quick trim & palm clean up.

5. My max on a ladder is about 22 ft. If I have to go any higher than that, someone else is doing the work.
    Posted via Mobile Device