fist landscaping job

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by rcracer, Mar 5, 2008.

1. rcracer

rcracer LawnSite Member

This is my first year and my first landscaping job so here are a couple of pics. I just cleaned out the beds and then put new mulch down and re stacked a few bricks. I had to break up some cement around one of the beds and then put paver stones back in their place.:usflag:

landscaping 001.jpg

landscaping 003.jpg

landscaping 005.jpg

landscaping 007.jpg

landscaping 008.jpg

2. rcracer

rcracer LawnSite Member

I did some more in the back yard. I will try to get some more pics up this next week. This was my first ever try at this so let me know what you think.:usflag:

3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

In your second picture, it's always nice if you can give the bed a nice deep edge before installing the mulch. It gives it a clean look. Something like this.

bed.jpg

4. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

I would try a different mulch next time! That stuff does not look very good at all....

5. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree...What mulch are you using ?

6. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

looks like cypress...??? It will darken up a little. I think it looks good! Keep it up!

7. rcracer

rcracer LawnSite Member

Yeah it was cyprus the owner wanted a light colored mulch and that was the lightest color I could find. I never thought about putting a deep edge around the much. Thats why I ask for advice though and it is greatly appreciated. Thanks all the help and for the compliments.:usflag:

8. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey did you rent that edger or is it yours? How do you like the blue bird? I was seriously thinking about buying one.

9. rcracer

rcracer LawnSite Member

So when you guys build a flower bed do you put the black weed guard down or do you just spray it with weed killer?:usflag:

10. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

I weed the flower beds before putting down mulch and if you edge the beds before mulching you will set yourself apart from most of the competition.