Fix Your Business on the Toilet title question

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by dllawson, Mar 8, 2013.

1. georgialawn88

georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member

haha that cracked me up

2. BckYrdLmbrJk

BckYrdLmbrJk LawnSite Member

I don't like it. Its actually unhealthy to read on the toilet, makes ya sit there too long, give ya hemorrhoids and other nasty issues of the rear that would probably get pretty uncomfortable when yer sweating and running around peoples lawns all day. Might slow ya down. Not good for profits. Ask any doctor, or colon/rectal surgeon. I'm tellin ya man. Don't do it.

Put this in your book:
    The first thing about making your landscape business more successful: Don't Read on the Toilet!

my $.02.
    Take it to the bank.

3. Ticolawnllc

Ticolawnllc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Wall NJ

I looked it over and gave it a chance. I got the point and left with a positive experience

4. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

The thing you need to consider when doing any marketing is what the lasting message will be with the consumer. While funny and eye catching titles, copy and images are often used in marketing to get attention, they rarely convert well for business to business related products or services.

I can title something like "My Cat Makes $1000 dollars a day!" and use comical cat pictures that may even go viral in social media, leading to tens of thousands (or more) views..that doesn't mean I'll convert any of them to sales beyond a fraction of the bored and curious, who will never be repeat customers.

It's a wise idea for contractors as well to remember what their overall goals are and how their ads fit into that as they prep their materials. Eyeballs without conversion to customers are worthless and branding professional services as clownish (unless you actually work as a clown) is never a good plan. Stay on the message you want to last, the one that will pay you.

BTW, I saw your book in other threads, didn't bother to investigate..only replied here because it was at the top of the section this morning and the snapshot indicated a different discussion. Was there something wrong with "5 Minutes per Day to Own Your Market/Supercharge Your Lawn Business!" or something along those lines?

5. dllawson

dllawson LawnSite Member

Thanks for the input. I will be working on a new name for the program. In the mean time the internet makes it very easy to test new ideas. Since I already have the fix your business domain name I would like to test one or both of the following titles:

Fix Your Business in 5 Minutes

or

Fix Your Business on the Tailgate

Any thoughts?