1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassyfras, Aug 7, 2002.

1. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

Both my velke tires are flat so I bought some fixaflat the other day and filled one of them up. Now the one tire is inflated way to much and the other one is still flat. I pumped air into it and the air leaks from around the valve. Do I need to get new tires or what can I do? What psi do you guys like to run the tires in?
  2. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

You can try replacing the valve.

I run the rears on my rider at 22 PSI and my WB at 28PSI.
  3. KerryB

KerryB LawnSite Senior Member

Tighten or replace the valve. Next time try Slime. It does much better, the fix-a-flat tends to throw a tire out of balance. At least with a vehicle or trailer tire anyway.
    The Slime seems to seal up better and is permenant where as the fix-a-flat is not.
    Thought about filling all my tires with slime as a preventative maintenance just in case I run over a nail and I am in the middle of a job.
  4. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

Slime is the way to go. Use it to prevent many problems. We put in all of our equipment. I've got it in my 4 wheeler's tires and the mesquite thorns do no damage. It's great.