Fixed wheel or swivel wheel sulky for 36" dual hydro TTHP

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Apr 5, 2012.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Somewhat true and I do walk the small properties, but I have specific requests from homeowners and a townhome assn to use a WB on their properties. 1/2 ac plus. They got tired of Z's on their lawns. Thus, the reason for the sulky.
  2. LandscaperPro

LandscaperPro Sponsor

3. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

And soon they will be scared of your WB's with sulkys and want 21" mowers. Seen it before.
  4. fatboynormmie

fatboynormmie LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Roger what brand of swivel wheel sulky were you running on your viking?
  5. JCLM Canada

JCLM Canada LawnSite Member

Only sulky I've ever used is the Toro Tru-track? sulky. 2-platforms and 2 castor wheels. It worked well on a 36"wb.
  6. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Last time I looked a Toro 36" floating deck dual hydro was just over 670 lbs. I believe an ExMark 36 TTHP is around 100lbs less. It makes sense to me that a substantially heavy mower will run a castered sulky much better than a sub-500lb mower.
  7. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Bull Rider,

My version is an older edition. The difference is in the hitch. Also, mine is convertible, that is, can be switched from a caster mode to a trailer mode. I don't think the one in the video is convertible.

Notice they are running this show on a paved surface, not turf. Also, the mower is a 48" machine, not a 36".

The idea is great. But the 36" machine is too small to make it work. I continue to use mine in a trailer mode -- works fine, but can't quite make a true zero-turn.