Fixin to start

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eho, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Eho

Eho LawnSite Member

Hey guys, things are really turning green here in Texas, and I'm starting to have calls come in. The weather is turning nice with highs in the 60s and 70s also. just wondering, who else is about to start their mowing season. Let the fun begin.
    EHO

2. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

Im about 2 weeks away, I have some spring cleanups to do and some odds and ends to tie up and then Im ready to go.

3. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I've notified my customers that I wll begin cutting the first week of april, unless they feel they need me before then.

4. Dodgemania

Dodgemania LawnSite Member

about three weeks away. still calling for snow this week. Grass is starting to not look as brown as it did a few weeks ago. That's encouraging I guess.

5. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

Its snowing here! no fair!!!! :realmad:

6. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I anticipate we have about 4 weeks yet here in Michigan before cutting really begins. Clean ups and misc. stuff should be a little sooner.

7. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

We've gotten over 5 inches of pure rain this year already plus about 6 inches of snow. We are way ahead so the grass is already greening up. Ill be going a few weeks earlier then I usually do.

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I won't be start cutting until probably the middle of April

9. trying 2b organic

trying 2b organic LawnSite Senior Member

Next week, the lawns i overseeded need cutting now. Its wierd cause Ive been out there working for a month and I see the news and its snowing behind the anchor. I forget what season it is cause as long as Im working its "summer" in my mind.

Vancouver Island pineapple express

10. gdguth

gdguth LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I will proably start about the first of April, but it is going to have to warm up first