Fixing The Recession

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Sean Adams, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

I was listening to a radio talking head this morning accepting calls from his listeners allowing them to call in and give their own personal suggestion on how we can fix the economy and end the much debated recession we have going on right now.

I am curious - being that these callers were getting about 30 seconds each to give their opinion, what would you have called in and suggested as a solution if you only had 30 seconds to state your case?

Let me hear them.

2. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Get rid of W. The clown is bringing us down:cry:
    Get out of Iraq or start billing them big money$$$ for babysitting/rebuilding. Too much government borrowing is making the dollar decline.The dollar would then start to rise. Gas prices would then go down, along with everything influenced by high gas prices
    What the Federal Reserve is doing now--make people qualify for homes with strict guidelines
    Ramp up research into alternative sources and products that use them. The new products will create new jobs
    Get rid of W:laugh::waving:

3. capelawncare.com

capelawncare.com LawnSite Fanatic

If someone says they can solve our economic problems in 30 seconds, they are either a moron or incredibly bright. most likely a moron though

4. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Finally a right winger admits there is a problem. Will wonders never cease:cool2::waving:

5. Grass Happens

Grass Happens LawnSite Senior Member

Let Ron Paul do his thing.
    And Done.

6. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

+1. Just talking about the trade changes would take you 5 minutes.

7. capelawncare.com

capelawncare.com LawnSite Fanatic

I never said there were not problems, I have always said Government is not the solution.

8. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

+1

I could go into a long winded reason of the how and why of economic policy - return to a gold & silver monetary standard - how the Gov't is intentionally inflating and devaluing our currency . . etc. but I won't. Obaoma we are hosed - McCain we are hosed. Not much difference nor will there be any change of policy.

Vote for principle this year - Chuck Baldwin of the Constitution Party.

Complete lack of GOP support for Ron Paul . . . thanks for nothing neo-cons. Sorry Bob Barr is distant 2nd choice for me.

9. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

Black out the media, I think that will go a long way to ease the "recession". Sure would not be a line of people trying to close accounts at Indy Mac if Shumer had not opened his big trap.

How would you like it if your clients knew you were having employee trouble, cash flow trouble and they all decide to find another LCO because you might not be able to provide their service. One thing is for certain is most business would end up bankrupt if the client always knew what was going on behind the scenes.

The only people that would know home prices were down would be people trying to buy or sell a home and of course those in the industry.

Much of it is self fulfilling prophecy.

Except for fuel prices everything is great here. I'm having a great year, I'm closing many more new clients, selling many extras. Great pool of job seekers, guys value their job. They are coming to work on time every day, doing what I ask.

If it were not for the media I would have no idea we are on the edge of the Apocalypse. But you know us conservatives, ignorance is bliss :laugh:

10. JKUCSMA

JKUCSMA LawnSite Member
    Male, from OHIO

Quit spending what we don't have,and shut the media up