Fixing tire ruts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ceebs1424, Dec 14, 2008.

1. ceebs1424

ceebs1424 LawnSite Member
    from CT

IMG00175.jpg

IMG00176.jpg

IMG00177.jpg

IMG00178.jpg

IMG00179.jpg

Hey i wanted to know the best way to fix and repair tire ruts and how much it would cost. Goes about 75-100 yards maybe even more and they get as deep as 2 ft and at least 1 ft. The ground is also frozen. here are some pics.

IMG00175.jpg

IMG00176.jpg

IMG00177.jpg

IMG00178.jpg

IMG00179.jpg

2. ryry278

ryry278 LawnSite Senior Member

Wow umm hope you did not do that and now gonna have to get it fixed. Might have to rent a small tractor and grade a pile of dirt out over it. But that sucks either way

3. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

wow those are some serious ruts

4. Jerry Lee

Jerry Lee LawnSite Senior Member

id get a tracked skidsteer so theres not another mishap like that, than get a load of dirt and fix the problem. lol we did that once, loading the 26" goose with trees over the winter after that huge ice storm hit us, anyway it begun to rain and it poured for about 20 min and that was enough to get the trailer stuck at the account we were doing, but it didnt help there was an idiot driving the truck and he stopped for some reason and that caused the load to sink in a low spot where the water collected.

5. ceebs1424

from CT

this was something someone asked me to fix so it wasent our fault it was a trucker trying to load something for the company

6. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

holy cow man what did u do? what i would do is flatten as much of it as you can then fill it in with dirt/topsoil! heck just dump a load of dirt down then spread it out with a garden rake! good luck man!

7. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

well at least it wasnt you that made the ruts

8. ceebs1424

from CT

anyone have any estimates for a price?

9. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

I'd wait until spring, until it thaws. Then wait some more until it dries up and gets firm. Rent a small Kubota and flatten what you can with the bucket (and a shovel and rakes) and then re-grade everything with some loam. Seed/fert/roll/water.

10. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

Determine how many hours, multiply by your rate. Add in materials and costs.