Fixing tire tracks in the yard?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by copperuger, Feb 25, 2002.

1. copperuger

copperuger LawnSite Member

The Directv guy decided it would be best for him to park his van in my yard instead of pulling in the street and walking. I guess it was too far.......Anyway now I have deep tire tracks in my yard.
    Bermuda sod-put in 6 months ago. Any suggestions on how to get them out?

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

try using a pitchfork and working the low spots level, by inserting it around the grass thats lower and pushing it up. it may not be the best solution though. maybe somebody else has a better solution.

3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

After the pitchfork thing, fill what is left of the tracks with clean loose sand until level. Grass will grow through and over th sand pretty quickly. We do this all the time at commercial properties where semi's have cut a corner too short.:)

4. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

Details on rut repair in my reply in <a href="http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5273">THIS THREAD</a>.

Was for cool season turf, but procedure is good anywhere. And use a digging fork, not a pitchfork. And don't worry about perfection in appearance, just get it flat. Your grass will grow back in a few weeks, and you'll never know that you had the ruts then.

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Pick up phone, call Directv and let them fix it.

6. I'm with Richard- Call Direct- they broke it, they fix it.

7. lawnstudent

lawnstudent LawnSite Senior Member

You've all got it all wrong. The pitchfork goes into the Directv guy!

8. Or use him as fill :dizzy:

9. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

call directv, second get some quality soil and seed :)

10. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Better yet,

Call a couple of you competitors and get some estimates (this will give you some insight into their charges) then summit the estimates to DirecTv. Keep the money and do the work yourself!

MATT