Fixing tire tracks in yard

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dklawncare, Mar 1, 2003.

1. dklawncare

dklawncare LawnSite Member

A friend of mine wants me to fix his yard which has some deep tire tracks and ruts in it...it is on kind of a slope.... how do I go about this...step by step? I am not concerned about the pricing, just about the process. Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Topsoil & seed. :D

3. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

gets some pics for us

4. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

Water for 12 hours and use heavy roller.

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Ditto...and tell him to mow it straight up and down (or at least on a 45 degree angle) to keep this from happening again.

6. Husker1982

Husker1982 LawnSite Senior Member

Have a question for both of you who said this. What about run off he did say it was on a hill? Your best bet is to roll it. It will be hard to do on a hill so make sure you go side to side not up and down. If you were to do the topsoil and seed then you better canvas it down. It will be a PITA, but alot better than redoing over and over.

7. Awilkinson

Awilkinson LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

after seeding, place straw or a new seed mat down to prevent the run off.

8. Husker1982

Husker1982 LawnSite Senior Member

Don't do straw. I hope nobody does straw. Not even on flat ground. Straw is full of weed seeds and is not a good idea.

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Hard to say how much runoff there is when there is really no mention about how steep the slope is or it's square footage, huh?

I was just trying to help in general terms.

10. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah same here. Broad question... broad answer. As far as the rolling, how do you know how deep the divots are? If the are over an inch or two, you had better have a heavy roller. And if you are concerned with run off, have fun pulling that roller up the hill!! :D