1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Fixture search assistance

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Classic Lighting, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Classic Lighting

Classic Lighting LawnSite Senior Member

Gentlemen, I am having difficulty locating a well light with an angled top that can accomidate an adjustable MR-16 with a brass cover. Can anyone refer me in the right direction? The attached picture shows the angled top.

angled well.jpg

2. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

You can make your own with 6" ABS, the bullet of your choice and a Cast bronze grate. I do this a lot and use the Kichler LED bullets in them.

3. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

If the MR-16 is adjustable so that it can be angled, is it necessary to have a can with an angled top?

4. Classic Lighting

Classic Lighting LawnSite Senior Member

Trying to satisfy a picky client who wants an above grade well light and my preference of a LED MR-16 lamp. I'm not a fan of LED Pars. Fixtures will be in a straw bed under large crepe myrtles so I would rather not have a flat surface at grade level.

Now for the client rant. Has someone ever told you that a bullet fixture looks like a flashlight sticking out of the ground? That one caught me by surprise.

5. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

6. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Wow, I have not heard that one about a flashlight yet. I am surprised she would rather see a big piece of black pipe sticking out of the ground instead of a clean, slim, bronze fixture. Different strokes for different folks I guess. Sounds like she got the old OLP brainwash job.