Fixture Selection Advice Please

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting, Apr 10, 2008.

1. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Ok, its my turn to ask for some advice.

I have a building mounted application in which I would normally specify the Nightscaping Constitution fixture for. http://www.nightscaping.com/constitution.htm

It is a retrofit on an old out-building and I want to mount the fixtures onto the soffits rather then in them (dont ask). The constitution does a pretty nice providing a soft wash of light which is what I want here.

I would like to find some other, small footprint, soft wash type, fixtures that might work in place of the Constitution.

Thanks.

2. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

Steller??? hmmm??? Probably is too big.Having a hard time envisioning your situation.

3. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

Think of a Bunkie (small one room shack) that has only 8' wide soffits with no access behind. I want to flush mount a fixture like the constitution to shine down over the door and stoop, grazing the door and casting a pool of light at the stoop.

The eyebrow on the constitution works great at output, beam shaping and glare control.

I was just wondering if there is another similar fixture that is that small.... perhaps not... It might be an original.

Any other suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks.

4. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

5. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

I just looked at the Stellar Joey and It will be to big what with the knuckle and the need for a surface mount etc. The fixture body size is nice and small, but the mechanics of mounting it make it too large for the application.

Thanks.

6. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

Small diameter, but it need 4.25" of depth to recess into the soffits. These are not that deep and I have no acces to them. If I did, I would just use a Contrast shallow retrofit can and 3" trim.

The fixture I need must be a surface or flush mount.

Regards.

7. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

coppermoon has a similar fixture. The part number escapes me at the moment but I dont think it is near as adjustable as the one you posted.

Without a pic of where you intend to mount it I really have no other suggestions as what to use.

8. klkanders

klkanders LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I believe Billy was referencing the Coppermoon CM 850. I have not personally used it however.

Keith

9. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

I have a sample of the Coppermoon CM 850 here (Thanks Doug!) the only issue with it is that it is not quite up to par with the quality of fixtures that I install. (Trying to be polite here...)

I will keep looking....

Thanks.

10. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

Terradek has a very small black fixture. I have to run for an adjust but I'll see if I can find out for you what the name is.