FJ180V crank replacement price check

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by browning1, Apr 1, 2007.

1. browning1

browning1 LawnSite Member

One worker slipped the mower off the curb and it bent the blade as well as the crankshaft, replaced the blade but still vibrates bad. How much ball park?? Thanks

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Welcome to LawnSite !

Just the crank without pan gasket or seal around $95.00 list....

3. browning1

how much would you figure for labor? thanks again

4. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Flat rate is 1.8 hrs. including R&R, But that is only a guide. Cost depends on hourly rates in your area and whatever hrs. THEY want to charge.

5. browning1

6. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

As long as the part numbers are the same you'll be fine. Check into kawpower.com and determine the correct part number for your engine then compare it to part you found. If the part numbers are not the same, the cranks are not likey condigured the same. By that I mean, not the same exterior length, keyed differently, end threaded differently, tapered vs. cylindrical, etc.

Dutch

7. browning1

Thanks for the info, I looked at kawapower's site and looks like it will not work on this motor. Thanks again

8. MowerMedic77

MowerMedic77 LawnSite Bronze Member

Not to Hijack the thread but I just had a similar issue in my shop and the MSRP on that engine is around $300

I don't know the labor rate in your area but example
    crank $95 + 1.8hr at $65 and tax is a rough $225
    without any other seals and oil and shop supply charges.

When I priced it out for my customer he went with a new engine and the piece of mind that everything was new(his unit was older, not sure the age on your engine)

May just be something to consider:)

9. browning1

Yep, thats exactly where Im at myself, got a quote for $250+tax, or $98 crank + seals and bearings and the time to do it myself or from farm exchange I can get a direct bolt on motor for $295 shipped. Looks like its getting a new motor.

10. browning1

being the cheapskate that I am, I found a little mower shop that has a crank straightener machine, and for $75 said that they can get it true to -2%. What do yall think of this? Thanks again:usflag: