fl fert confusion

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Frontier-Lawn, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

ok i got a question on whats the proper thing to do. ric has told me 4 app per year lesco, jd landscapes, scotts webpages all say 5 apps per year? what gives?

2. SKAPES

SKAPES LawnSite Member

Its (5) apps per year - spring, late spring, summer, fall, late fall.
    Late fall limestone - a heavy, granular dose of lime to balance the soil pH levels, allowing the roots to more easily :digest" nutrients and improve color.

3. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

we live in south florida..you live in PA things are not the same down here like they are up there....

i myself would go with what ric said to me he is alot more knowledgeable then they the guys at lesco's...not saying that lesco doesn't have knowledgeable guys some do some don't....i go to lesco here in town and ask a question and they look at me like a deer in the headlights sometimes...ric has come to my house and he is very knowledgeable guy i would go with what he says i did and my yard looks great now

4. gregory

i see a yankee comment comming

5. Frontier-Lawn

im just saying since all the fert suppler webpages tell 5 apps per year for fl, im not just talkin about the guys at lesco's...

6. Frontier-Lawn

what classifies someone as a yankee

7. gregory

look where he lives...up north.....

alot of yanks come down here and tell us how they do it up north well guess what your not up north ..the way you do things up north don't always work down here....

8. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

It's not a Yankee thing!

I only apply four apps per year which is all that is recommended here in OH.

TGCL, Scotts and some other put on as many as 6 or 7 apps up here. I only apply four and my lawns look just as good as theirs (when it rains). I just charge a little more for each application and don't have to make the extra trips which saves me time and money!

9. scweedman

scweedman LawnSite Senior Member

Wouldn't you make more money if you added 3 more apps?

10. scweedman

scweedman LawnSite Senior Member

Do as many apps as you want set up your own programs. You can work all year if you try.