FL, fert with ??? after aeration?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by General Landscaping, May 25, 2006.

1. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I'm going to offer aeration and fert. together.
    I'm looking for recommendations for fertilizer that will show some quick results; but the main purpose is to build a stronger, thicker lawn.

I'm thinking of laying this down after aeration5-10-31 10%FE Any other suggestions?

The area in question has a low sand content; irrigation water is running across the sidewalk in a sheet after 20 minutes. St. Augustine/Floratam is usually thin and pale in this area; I'm guessing it's because the water and ferts are going through the storm drain and into the retention pond instead of into the soil.

2. olive123

olive123 LawnSite Senior Member

make sure in your area there isnt a "ban" on the use of phosphates youll get in an S load of muck...

3. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Would that be on a state or local level?

So the fert. formulation sounds right? (barring phosphate issues)

4. olive123

olive123 LawnSite Senior Member

you should really call your county extension office on the phosphate thing
    9-2-24 is also a good blend but one of my favoriate lesco blends for starting a new lawn around this time of year is their 50% blend of 15-2-15.
    Kick ass greening along with plenty of potash for strong roots. give it about 3 good rains and with the humidity BAM!! great turf