Fl guys what are you paying for GL insurance.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by cpel2004, Dec 16, 2007.

1. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

It must be a better way and a cheaper way. Its time for me to renew my general liability insurance I know guys up north pay anywhere from 500 to 800 buck for GL. Im now paying 1k and I dont like it. Do you guys know of any cheaper ins companies that are qualified to write in Florida?

2. mikecaldwell1204

mikecaldwell1204 LawnSite Member

Depends on how many people you have and what you are covered for. Mine is 5 employees with tree trimming and its 1100 a year for 1 mil.

3. cpel2004

Mike does it cover the occasional tree trimming, I think our policy cover occasional tree trimming but not on a daily bases. I've search past threads and found one by Mr. Mark back in 03 payed 500, now I dont know the quality/grade of his insurance company but heck even if I could save 200 to 300 dollars a year I'll be happy. Whats your deductible is it 1000k?

4. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

535.18/yr for 1mil through Auto Owners its like $44/month for this policy.

Lee Reed Insurance is the agent. I have no employees and since I am so new/small I don't foresee having any for at least the next year but I am sure that it will significantly increase when it happens. And yes it does cover occasional tree trimming just not daily commercial tree work.

5. GELAWNS

GELAWNS LawnSite Member

Your rates depend on your payroll, years in business, previous claims history, and the type of work you do. We have shopped around a lot and just switched from Auto-Owners to Old Dominion for a savings of about $600 a year. Also, Auto-Owners had quarterly payments and Old Dominion is a monthly billing. That makes it easier to budget for it.

6. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

State Farm, who I had been with forever won't insure our service industry. The agent however referred me to a company called Farm Family. The guy I spoke to knew his stuff and our business. They are a big outfit, so try Googling the office in FL. In NY, this guy gave me reasonable rates and had some good advice.

7. paradise32258

paradise32258 LawnSite Member

i just got my ins 2 monthes ago and im paying around 800 per yr with 1mill , and 2mill. umbrella im in jacksonville but my agent is in central fl. he told me it goes by annual sales and experiance in the field. there name is alexander financial i cant find the # right this min but if you google it you can probably find it speak with chad tell him aj from paradise lawnscape in jacksonville refered you.. he will hook you up

8. DaveinSWFL

DaveinSWFL LawnSite Member

I pay $837.00 for 1 Million/2 Million

9. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I have Nationwide. They are reasonably priced and dont lie to you about everything and anything. I had state farm and old dominion before, but never again.

10. cpel2004

Thanks for all of your feedback, I went with Nationwide for 749 which double my previous policy. I saved 300 bucks. Now I have them looking at my auto policies cuz I think I paying too much