Fla. Ag inspector doing their job and protecting my Lic.

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Ric, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I do not know FL law but every licensed pest control operator also has to work for a business that is also registered. Kind of closes that loop hole.

2. A Leaf Above

A Leaf Above LawnSite Member

Ric ,

Im not stirring anything here so please do not take it that way but why is it that i being a landscape company would not be able to advertise for a Pest control service ? However it would be ok for a billboard company , newspaper , magazine to advertise a pest control company ? You see what im getting at ? Neither has a Pest License so why is it one can advertise and one cannot ? Maybe im misinterpreting something here ?

3. mjlcare2

mjlcare2 LawnSite Member

technically if i had a sign on my truck with his name and number, he is advertising not me, im just ad space.. kinda like a billboard.. can't fine the owner of a billboard for not being a certified PCO

4. mjlcare2

mjlcare2 LawnSite Member

dang.. maybe we should have talked before we both posted the same thing haha

5. A Leaf Above

Thats kinda what im getting at ...

6. Duekster

from DFW, TX

I gotta guy that knows a guy and he can whack this weed for a price.

7. mjlcare2

mjlcare2 LawnSite Member

I just say.. I don't do that service but I work with a guy, here is his company name, and number.. call him.. he takes care of all of my customers yards and they look great.. we work together to make your yard better..

8. Duekster

from DFW, TX

I refer people all the time but I do not advertise the service.

9. mjlcare2

mjlcare2 LawnSite Member

Ric is probably mad at me for asking my question and looking deeper into it than his answer.. after all, i haven't graduated from grade school yet

10. A Leaf Above

See if he was advertising "TO DO" the service is DIFFERENT than advertising for the company "that does" the service ..i think i just confused myself ..lol