Fla. Ag inspector doing their job and protecting my Lic.

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Ric, Jul 9, 2012.

1. mjlcare2

mjlcare2 LawnSite Member

whats the difference.. you are advertising for them if you tell people about them.. that's what advertising is by definition.

I just want to put it on my truck, I have a good relationship with my guy and want people to use his service..

2. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

There is a distinction... however fine it maybe.

Short story...

Some states have specific laws, If you put my licenses # on your truck I would have your nuggets.

3. mjlcare2

mjlcare2 LawnSite Member

I wouldn't put his license number, just his name and phone number.. If I stole your number and used it of course you would.. but I'd we were friends? who wouldn't like to help a buddy out where you can..
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Duekster

from DFW, TX

So how many phone numbers do you have on your truck? :rolleyes:

Like I said, I send over referals all the time but I do not advertise the service on my truck or other advertisements

5. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

I am not so sure that this gray line is real clear. I also browsed over the statue and did not find anything that says you can not advertise a service but Here is the thing that I have noticed, I looked at several large maintenance companies website locally that I know sub out the L and O part and guess what....they all list on their site that they are able to provide pest control which given the size of some of this organizations I would of thought someone would of busted them by now. Again I am not positive but guessing that they can

6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Hello!!! I don't make the laws, i only live by the law. If you don't like the law take it up with the law makers.

Btw it is not my responsibility to teach you the law or to even advise of the law.

7. mjlcare2

mjlcare2 LawnSite Member

I don't mind the laws..but you can't say you live by the law if you don't actually know the law or can't interpret it correctly( as interpretation is up to the reader) I was asking if anyone knew the answer.. you chimed in claiming you did, (as you always do) but it appears you don't actually.. Nobody is asking you to teach or advise any laws.. if you don't want to answer, then don't

8. Duekster

from DFW, TX

Three words

General Duty Clause.

9. mjlcare2

mjlcare2 LawnSite Member

I have one phone number , but like Landscape Poet was saying about the big guys advertising the service but sub-ing it out.. I'd like to do the same and get my PCO more business as he does the same for me. If you are referring your "guys" then you are advertising them as the people to use, I just want to put it in print on my website or vehicles, etc..

why don't you "advertise" for the people you use? if you are willing to send them referrals

10. mjlcare2

mjlcare2 LawnSite Member

What does General Duty Clause have to do with anything